I live in Vancouver where it literally rains 90% of the time. It’s hard to find things to do when it’s raining because Vancouver doesn’t really have a very good night life and they aren’t necessarily prepared for the rain as much as you may think. If you are like me then you may get a little depressed when it is so dark and dreary outside for days and days.
Here is my Top Ten Things to Do when it Rains.
- Go see a movie with friends or rent one and make some popcorn as it will be a whole lot cheaper and you can talk during the movie.
- Go to the mall and spend some cash. Nothing passes the time for me better than shopping :) Try not to spend too much money on things you don’t really need like I do.
- Go to your nearest bookstore and pick up a book that you have been wanting to read. Go home.. light a candle and relax with a warm throw blanket, your robe and the fireplace on. If you don’t have a fireplace then buy that video that looks a fireplace on your tv.
- Watch TV… I know you probably do this all the time and you want some different ideas but I had to throw this one in there.. Try watching a different station than you normally watch.
- Play an indoor sport with some friends like racquetball or table tennis. Throw a few beers in the mix and you have hours to act goofy and have some fun.
- Play a board game or work on a puzzle. Nothing says fun like a bit of Scrabble
- Add yourself to some new sites. If you’ve never gone on Ebay and seen what it was about.. Sign yourself up and do a little browsing. You can also go on Facebook, Twitter, UStream, Youtube, MySpace or millions of others. Try adding random people and maybe you might meet your new best friend..
- Just because it’s raining doesn’t mean you have to stay inside.. Put on some waterproof gear and bring your camera to take pictures of the creepy crawlies you don’t see when it’s sunny outside.. Bring a friend along and compare pics.
- Go on a hike if you like that sort of thing. I personally don’t… well it’s not that I don’t its just that I’m lazy.. :) Pack a lunch and a friend and make sure to dress warm. This way you don’t get too hot and there won’t be many people on the trail.
- Have a tent party! Ask your friends to bring over their tents, sleeping bags, tarps, food and b.y.o.b and pitch your tents in your back yard if you have one. If you don’t then just make some blanket tents and lots of pillows.. You could play some bored games, video games, paint each other toe nails, play drinking games, watch scary movies or just talk about old times..
If you have any more suggestions on what you can do in the rain… Please email me or leave a comment below..